B.S. in Cognitive Sciences
The B.S. in Cognitive Sciences is structured to provide students with a challenging introduction to the broad field of Cognitive Sciences that is strongly grounded in theory emphasizing experimental and computational methods.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||Fall quarter admission|
|Tuition Fee:||$ 45,540|
|Location:||Irvine, CA, United States|
To ensure an intellectually coherent experience, students in the major are able to choose courses from areas including:
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Experimental Psychology–Sensation, Perception, Attention, and Memory
- Language Science
- Computational Cognitive Science.
In addition, students are required to acquire a background in:
calculus, statistics, introductory computer programming, and some combination of the natural sciences, logic and philosophy of science, linguistics, or more advanced computer science or mathematics.
Cognitive science is a multidisciplinary field integrating behavioral research, computational models, and neuroscience. UC Irvine provides the perfect modern environment for research training, as 1 of 62 universities in the U.S. and Canada elected to membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities, and the 9th best public university in the U.S. (U.S. News & World Report, 2019).
- Cognitive Sciences Research Seminar
- Quantitative Methods for Cognitive Sciences Research
- Honors Seminar in Psychology
- Honors Experimental Psychology
- Effective Graphical Presentation of Data
- Cognitive Robotics Laboratory
- MATLAB Programming